Guidelines and Instructions for Services at Zion
We are following CDC and State recommended guidelines for holding worship services in person.
Services will be the following:
- Sunday, 7:45 AM
- Sunday, 10:30 AM
- Wednesday, 7:00 PM
The services will be the same (readings and hymns, etc.)
There will be Bible Study at 9:15 AM in the gym, using masks and distancing. We will NOT have refreshments available but you are welcome to bring your own coffee, donuts, etc.
We will continue to LIVESTREAM/RECORD one of the services per week. They will be available to watch on our Facebook Page and YouTube Channel.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS, OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO IS SICK, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND UNTIL YOU AND/OR THEY HAVE FULLY RECOVERED!
CHANGES WHEN ATTENDING THE SERVICE
- Please CHECK IN with the usher or elder at the beginning of the service. We will take attendance via a checklist, rather than using pew cards.
- MASKS should be worn by anyone attending, from the time you enter the building until you leave. Pastor and the Elder will not have masks on up front but will wear them for the Distribution of the Sacrament.
- Every THIRD PEW only will be utilized for seating. Please sit in pews that do NOT have hymnals, cards, etc. Those are the pews we are reserving for seating at this time.
- Pick up your bulletin from the table in the narthex. If you are not taking your bulletin home, please PLACE YOUR BULLETIN IN THE DESIGNATED RECYCLING BIN IN THE NARTHEX.
- OFFERINGS may be placed in the plate on the table in the narthex. We will not pass the plate during the service.
- DISTRIBUTION OF THE SACRAMENT:
- Two pews at a time (one from each side) will be called up for the Distribution. We will NOT line up the next table during the Distribution.
- Tables of Communicants will STAND UP FRONT rather than kneel at the rail (and far enough back for Pastor and the Elder to walk in front.
- Please receive the Body of Christ in your hand only. Pastor will not place it on your tongue.
- The CHALICE will be offered. It will be wiped with high proof alcohol between communicants and Tables. Otherwise, you may receive an INDIVIDUAL CUP from the tray.
- After the Table has been dismissed, the next pews will be welcomed by the Usher to come forward.
- You may enter the church through the usual doors: Both sides of the Rotunda and the Gym side door.
- BATHROOMS: Please use only the bathrooms off the Narthex or the bathrooms next to the Church Office.
- If you would like to visit/socialize, we ask that you please do so in the GYM between services or before or after services OUTSIDE. Please remember to maintain a six foot distance and wear your MASK.
- Pews will be wiped down between services. Bathrooms will be cleaned and sterilized following the services.
- PARENTS: We ask that you not let children use the activity bags in the narthex. Please provide coloring materials, books, etc., for your children in the pew.
Reminder: if you are not comfortable attending in person yet, that is OK! Continue to watch our livestreams and be joined together with us in Christ’s Word!
If you have questions or concerns about how we will be conducting the services, please reach out to Pastor or your Elder to discuss them.